Texas Back in Business
We are a Hurricane Harvey Relief Program for Texas Small Business. This is a job creation/retention and economic development program, passed by Congress in 2018, designed to help small businesses damaged by Harvey.
Saving jobs, creating jobs, helping small businesses stabilize and grow, encouraging economic development and meeting local community needs are the objectives of the program. We are an independent contractor of the Texas General Land Office. Qualified Texas small businesses can now apply for grants from $50,000 up to $250,000.
Our mission is to help stabilize and grow small businesses in the 49 counties affected by Hurricane Harvey. Small business, we’ve your back. It's time to put Texas back to work.
Grant awards will be determined by the need for operating capital, inventory, equipment, supplies, and related expenses. Job creation or retaining existing jobs, especially low to moderate income workers is an important factor. The creation of economic development and fulfilling a need in the local community by your business will be considered as well. Grant awards will be made as eligibility is verified following the completion of the application process and will continue until all funding is distributed. The award is designed for working capital, purchasing equipment, financing inventory and similar business costs not associated with construction or expansion of existing facilities. You MAY NOT use the award for renovations, repairs, or improvements to buildings, purchase of equipment that must be affixed to a building, acquisition of real property, reimbursement for inventory or equipment purchased prior to the award, any pre-hurricane working capital expenses, relieving bad debt, or idle capacity/facility cost recovery.
Every Applicant has an Equal Chance
Every Applicant Application has an Equal Chance. Once the application process has been completed, applications will be chosen at random for eligibility review to assure every applicant has an equal chance to be awarded grant funding.
Are you Potentially Eligible?
- 1. Your company was in business on August 25, 2017.
- 2. You are a small business as defined by the Small Business Administration, as defined here.
- 3. Your company was damaged by Hurricane Harvey. Your business must have sustained physical and/or economic damage from Hurricane Harvey.
- 4. Your company is located in the 49 country Hurricane Harvey recovery area. 49 county recovery area map - click here.
The Application Process
The online application is simple and only takes minutes to complete. There is no cost to apply.
To qualify your business must have sustained physical and/or economic damage from Hurricane Harvey.
- 1. You will be required to demonstrate the amount of your loss in dollars.
- 2. You will be required to document the amount of insurance you received or applied for, plus any loans, grants or other funding sources, related to damage caused by Hurricane Harvey.
- 3. You will be required to provide additional information such as when your business was founded and provide additional financial records for the underwriting review process.
The program, created by Congress under the Department of Housing and Urban Development, and authorized under the Texas General Land Office, is the first of its kind. Texas Back in Business is not part of the Small Business Administration, FEMA or any bank. Grant awards will be made as eligibility is verified following the completion of the application process and will continue until all funding is distributed.